City calendar posts are limited to public meetings and events organized by the city of Sedona, and meetings and events organized by other governmental entities who partner with the city of Sedona.
»» To see only Parks and Recreation events and programming listed in chronological order visit the Parks & Recreation calendar page.
Ranger Station Centennial Celebration
- Date: 05/20/2017 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Location: Ranger Station
250 Brewer Rd
Sedona, Arizona 86336
- Introduction: A free public event to celebrate the centennial of the historic Ranger Station house.
This free public event celebrates the centennial of the historic Ranger Station house, at one time a ranger station for the U.S. Forest Service and now a property owned by the city. The house on the property is the oldest building in Sedona; it and an adjacent barn built in 1934 are listed on the National Register of Historic Places and are designated as Sedona Historic Landmarks.
The Sedona Historic Preservation Commission is hosting the celebration.
- Both the house and barn will be open for viewing along with displays of historical photographs of the Ranger Station.
- Visitors can view the park master plan that proposes to restore and renovate the structures and develop a community park.
- Display of a restored 1942 fire engine from the Sedona Historical Society.
- Music by The Rice Brothers: Classic Country & Western with flashes of 50's 60's 70's Rock & Country Folk
- Two food trucks, 3’s in the Trees and Yaqui Taqueria, will have food available for purchase. Complimentary ice cream.
- Sedona Historic Preservation Commissioners will be available to answer questions about historic preservation and the city’s landmark program.