What's our Common Vision for Sedona?
The Citizens Steering Committee is soliciting feedback on a vision of Sedona. Review three different scenarios for Sedona's future, that have an emphasis on the environment, tourism, and community (E-T-C). These three themes emerged from your comments and involvement in the planning process.
E-T-C Visions Webpage
The City of Sedona is now on Facebook!
The Sedona Community Plan is the city’s vision of its future. It is a statement of community goals and development policies including maps and text that set forth objectives, principles, standards and proposals. The Community Plan is our “road map” for achieving community objectives. The plan guides the City of Sedona in making decisions about new development and re-zonings, preparing new regulations and ordinances, initiating more specific planning programs, and setting priorities and funding.
Arizona state law mandates that the Community Plan be updated and voted on every ten years and requires that certain topics be covered. Our Plan goes beyond this minimum to accomodate the unique nature and opportunities of our City. The next Community Plan update is due to be adopted by the end of 2013 and voted on by Sedona's citizens in 2014. The Sedona City Council appointed a Citizens Steering Committee to drive the process of gathering community input and creating a final document in collaboration with the Planning and Zoning Commission. This project is named "Imagine Sedona - 2020 & Beyond". Public participation and information resources are key to the success of this project, and there are many opportunities for individuals and groups to stay involved and provide input.
How to Get Involved
If you are interested in participating consider any one or more of the following options:
- Attend a community meeting.
- For additional information and to request staff or Citizens Steering Committee members to update your community organization or neighborhood group, please contact city staff:
- Attend Citizens Steering Committee, Planning and Zoning Commission and City Council meetings.
- Check this website regularly for timely information.
- "Like" the new City of Sedona page on Facebook, to stay up to date with news about the new Community Plan, as well as other city activities.
- Read a summary of the ideas and comments that you and fellow residents have given to the Citizens Steering Committee. Download the complete list of individual comments and a transcription of recorder notes from public workshops and special sessions. Have something to add? Give us your feedback! E-mail Cynthia Lovely, Associate Planner at CLovely@SedonaAZ.gov.
Click here to view the current Community Plan, and other relevant and historical planning documents.