To provide professional, accurate, and timely financial and accounting services to all customers which include but are not limited to all citizens, vendors, utility customers, the media, city council, and all the departments and employees of the City of Sedona.
Customer Service Areas
- Wastewater billing and collection.
- Preparation of the annual budget.
- Preparation of the annual audit.
- Process all city payables and city payroll.
- Cash management functions, which include investing the city's revenues and debt management.
- Work with Human Resources to manage the employee benefit program.
- Administer development impact fees.
Revenues Collected by the City
- The city does not collect a property tax.
- The city charges a monthly sewer fee per residential property. See City Fee Schedule.
- The city receives state shared revenues from the vehicle license tax, the income tax, state sales tax, gasoline tax and lottery.
- The city receives franchise fees from APS, Citizens Utilities, Arizona Water Company, Oak Creek Water Company, and Sedona Cable.
City Sales Tax
- Sedona's retail sales tax rate in Yavapai County is 9.35%, which includes 3% City of Sedona tax.
- Sedona's retail sales tax rate in Coconino County is 9.90%, which includes 3% City of Sedona tax.
Please note that Coconino County's 3/10ths of a percent sales tax increase is effective January 1, 2015. As of that date Sedona's retail sales tax rate in Coconino County will be 9.90%.
Last updated: 8/11/2015 11:02:44 AM