The city created the small grants program to encourage and fund activities, programs or events developed by 501(c) organizations that serve the public and provide a fair return value to the city. Eligible programs, activities or events include those that promote public health, safety, general welfare and/or foster the well-being and prosperity of the city and its residents. Individual grant amounts typically range from $2,000 to $20,000.
Eligible programs, activities or events should:
- promote public health, safety, general welfare, prosperity or contentment
- significantly impact the well-being and prosperity of Sedona residents
- demonstrate that city funding is an important factor in the success of the program or service
- directly benefit Sedona residents and preferably occur within city limits
- advance the goals established in the Sedona Community Plan.
Timeline for FY 2019-20 grant cycle
Feb. 14, 2019 - Grant applications available by request Follow this link to request a grant application.
March 12 - Optional applicant workshop, 10 a.m. to noon, Vultee Conference Room, City Hall, 102 Roadrunner Dr.
Apr. 30 - Grant applications must be submitted no later than noon
June 4-5 - Evaluation Committee meets with applicants and determines funding recommendations
July 2019 - Sedona City Council approves funding awards
Questions? Contact Megan McRae, management analyst, (928) 203-5199, email@example.com.