Protection of the environment is a city council and community priority, and is highlighted in the Environment section of the Community Plan.
The city's environmental goals
- Preserve and protect the natural environment.
- Ensure a sufficient supply of quality water for the future.
- Protect Oak Creek and its riparian habitat.
- Reduce the impacts of flooding and erosion on the community and environment.
- Promote environmentally responsible building and design.
The City of Sedona and the Sustainability Alliance are excited to announce our first Fix-it Clinic on Saturday, October 12, 10 am - 1 pm, at the Hub at Posse Grounds Park.
The Fix-it Clinic is a simple idea. Bring in an item in need of repair and our volunteer fixers will do their best to help you fix it for free. What kind of items can you bring? Toys, electronics, clothing, bicycles, small furniture/appliances, etc. Fix-it Clinics are a great way to build community while keeping usable items out of the landfill.
KIDS WELCOME: There will also be a station at the Fix-it Clinic where kids can help take apart and recycle unfixable items.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: If you are good at soldering, electronics repair, electrical repair, sewing, woodworking or general tinkering and you’d like to volunteer at the Fix-it Clinic, contact Kaileigh Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org or (928) 203-5112.