Community Development Department (928) 282-1154

The Permit Center is a “One Stop Shop” customer service center processing building permits, sign permits, and other permit applications. Permit packets provide you with essential information about permit requirements. Some of the PDF forms can be filled in electronically, saved, and printed for your convenience. Contact: Patty Lewis, Development Services Representative at (928) 282-1154.

Time Frame Requirements (SB 1598). 

Building Permits
Building Permit Inspection Requests. Go to the Building Permits page for information on Building Safety and Building Permits.  The following permit packets are on the Building Permits webpage: Single Family Homes, Residential Remodel/Addition, Manufactured Home, Commercial and Multi-Family, Tenant Improvement, Tenant Occupancy, Pools & Spa's, Photovoltaic, Solar Water Heater, and Fence permit packets.

Sign Permits
Sign permits are required for permanent signs, sign walkers, temporary signs, Uptown vertical banners, and promotional signs. Political signs do not require a permit, but are subject to specific conditions.
Sign Permit Instructions
Sign Permit Application
Temporary Sign Permit
Sign Walkers Permit
Uptown Vertical Banner Permit

Special Events/Temporary Use Permits
Permit Application for Special Events/Temporary Uses

Temporary Sound Control Permit

Film Permit
Film permits are required for outdoor filming activities. Film permits are processed for individual locations or city-wide.
The fee for a film permit is $50.
Film Permit Application

Special Event Liquor License
Go to State of Arizona Department of Liquor. Applications for Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses and Control, Special Event Liquor Licenses must be received by the City at least 60 (sixty) days prior to the event for processing. While this is a separate State application, the State requires the City to review and approve these applications prior to the State’s issuance of a Special Event Liquor License. This application is available online through the State’s website. For more information about this application, contact the State at 602-542-5141. For more information about the City’s review and approval process, contact the City Clerk’s office at 928-282-3113. The local fee for a Special Event Liquor License is $25.00. All other Liquor Licenses have a local fee of $50.00.

Zoning Applications and Information
Go to: Planning and Zoning for Administrative Waivers, Land Division/Combinations, Home Occupation Information.

Peddler/Solicitor Permit
A peddler is any person who attempts to make personal contact at a residence without an appointment in order to sell a good or service. A solicitor is any person who attempts to make personal contact at a residence without an appointment in order to obtain a donation or distribute a handbill advertising a commercial event or service. Go to Peddler/Solicitor Permit Information & Forms

City Right of Way Permits
Right of Way Permits

City Wastewater Permits
Wastewater Permits

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.