The staff members of the Financial Services Department provide the following services:
- Wastewater billing and collection
- Preparation of the annual budget and annual audit
- Processing of city payables and payroll
- Cash management, including investing city revenues and debt management
- Management of employee benefit finances
- Administration of development impact fees
- The city does not collect a property tax.
- The city charges a monthly sewer fee per residential property. See the city fee schedule.
- The city receives state-shared revenues from the vehicle license tax, income tax, state sales tax, gasoline tax and state lottery.
- The city receives franchise fees from APS, UniSource Energy Services, Arizona Water Company, Oak Creek Water Company, and Suddenlink.
City sales tax
- Sedona's retail sales tax rate in Yavapai County is 9.85 percent, which includes 3.5 percent city tax.
- Sedona's retail sales tax rate in Coconino County is 10.40 percent, which includes 3.5 percent city tax.