It is the city’s goal to have a volunteer program that benefits both the volunteer and the community. Volunteer efforts provide support, expertise, time, experience, ideas, and energy assisting with City projects, programs and tasks.
Volunteer program goals
- Provide opportunities for volunteers to actively participate in and make a meaningful contribution to the operations of the city of Sedona.
- Develop and nurture an effective volunteer base.
- Provide volunteers with a positive and pleasant experience, and an opportunity to learn new skills.
- Build public awareness of the operations of city government.
- Develop closer ties to the community served.
Park rangers. If you are interested in volunteering with the Sedona Volunteer Park Rangers contact Parks and Recreation Manager Rachel Murdoch rmurdoch@SedonaAZ.gov or (928) 203-5011.
Police volunteers. Do you have past law enforcement experience or have you always wanted to volunteer with the police? Contact Sherri O'Connor, police administrative assistant, at soconnor@SedonaAZ.gov or (928) 203-5170.