It is the city’s goal to offer volunteer opportunities that benefit both the volunteer and the community. Volunteer efforts provide support, expertise, time, experience, ideas, and energy assisting with City projects, programs and tasks. The City aims to:
- Offer ways to make a meaningful contribution to the operations of the city of Sedona.
- Develop and nurture an effective volunteer base.
- Provide volunteers with a positive and pleasant experience, and an opportunity to learn new skills.
- Build public awareness of the operations of city government.
- Develop closer ties to the community served.
Ways to volunteer
There are three ways to volunteer, via:
- Work Groups in the Citizen Engagement Program by contacting Citizen Engagement Coordinator Lauren Browne at LBrowne@SedonaAZ.gov or (928) 203-5068. You can also apply online.
- Opportunities within the Parks and Recreation Department including positions like being an event helper or a Sedona Volunteer Park Ranger. Contact Parks and Recreation Manager Rachel Murdoch at RMurdoch@SedonaAZ.gov or (928) 203-5011.
- The Police Department as one of their police volunteers. Do you have past law enforcement experience or have you always wanted to volunteer with the police? Contact Police Administrative Assistant Sherri O'Connor at SOconnor@SedonaAZ.gov or (928) 203-5170.