• You have a question?Q: Where is the dog park?

    A: The Dog Park is located at the corner of Soldiers Pass Road and Carruth Drive. The entrance is on the corner. Dog Park Rules.

  • Q: How can I get a name inscribed on the wall in the Military Service Park?
  • A:  Applications can be printed, filled out and            returned to the Parks and Recreation Office along with the $100 donation fee.  Applicant must provide proof of Honorable Discharge and write a short letter explaining that they have been a Sedona resident for at least one year.
  • Q: What are the park hours?

    A: Posse Grounds Park is open from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. unless otherwise posted.  All other park facilities are from dawn to dusk.

    The Dog Park is open 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. from April 1 to October 2 and 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. October 2 to April 1.

A:  The splash park can be activated 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. seven days a week May through September. Closed during winter.

  • Q: What are the hours of the pool?

    A:  Please see the current pool schedule which can be found on the pool home page.  If you have additional questions about the pool programs, please contact the pool staff at (928)282-0112 or the parks office at (928)282-7098.

  • Q: Where are the trails/trailheads located?

    A: A trails map can be purchased from the City of Sedona Community Development Department.

    A: You can view a trail and trailhead map at Trails/Hiking. 

    A: You may also refer to the Forest Service, Red Rock District, for hiking and trail information.

  • Q: How do I obtain information about Slide Rock or Oak Creek Canyon?

    A: Slide Rock/Oak Creek Canyon is a state park and falls under the jurisdiction of Arizona State Parks, Northern Region.
  • Q: How do I make camping or campsite reservations?

    A: Camping is prohibited within the City limits of Sedona. Camping and campsites are the jurisdiction of the United States Forest Service. Please click here for campsite and camping information.

  • Q: Where can I obtain a Red Rock Pass?

    A:  The Red Rock Pass Program falls under the jurisdiction of the United States Forest Service. See the Forest Service website for more information. This link also lists other vendors within Sedona City limits and surrounding areas where Red Rock Passes can be purchased.

  • Q: How can I rent space at a park to host a party and/or picnic?

    A: Picnic ramadas and activity fields can be rented by the hour. Please refer to Rental & Reservations, for rules, fee schedule.
  • Q: Can I get married in Sedona's Park/s?

    A: Jordan Park/Sedona Heritage Museum is available for weddings and wedding parties.  There are no rules preventing weddings in Sedona's community parks; however, parks are a public space and thus, there is no way to prevent other park patrons from being present on your special day.  The Posse Grounds Pavilion is a beautiful outdoor amphitheater available for weddings and events.  Park Rules must be adhered to.
  •  Q: Where is Jordan Park?

    A: Jordan Park is operated by the Sedona Historical Society. The park is located at 735 Jordan Road.
  •  Q: What types of recreation programs are offered?

    A: Depending on the time of year, the City offers both adult and children's sports, classes and camps.  We also offer a variety of single day special events.