Abuse or neglect. Report cases of suspected abuse or neglect to the animal control officer. Provide as much information as you can. If you feel that a pet owner may benefit from education, contact SPD Animal Control or the Humane Society for literature or videos.

Animal bites. If you are bitten by a dog, cat, or wild animal it is very important to contact SPD Animal Control. You may need the rabies vaccine, which must be administered before symptoms appear. Arizona law requires animal bites to be reported, ARS 11-1014 D. When you call please provide as much information as you can, including the animal's location, and name and/or address of the owner.

Barking and roaming dogs. Dogs bark naturally to alert their owner. If your pet barks too much contact a pet supply store or veterinarian for humane correcting devices. For a chronic barker in your neighborhood call the Police Department. If you are calling about a roaming dog or a barking dog, it is best to call while the activity is occurring.

Licenses. All dogs in the Sedona city limits are required to have a current rabies vaccine given by a licensed veterinarian and a current city license.

Rabies. Get rabies information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website. Do not approach unfamiliar domestic or wild animals. Do not handle injured wildlife. Do not get in the middle of an animal fight or bother an animal when it is eating. Don't allow your pet to roam unleashed and become prey for wild predators

Removal of feces. City code requires pet owners to pick up after their animal. City code 6-1-3 E

Restraint of dogs. Dogs must be contained/restrained at all times by a fence that your animal cannot escape, a functioning underground electronic fence, chain or cable tie, or secured inside your home. Dogs must be walked on a leash and voice control does not satisfy this requirement. There is no containment or leash law for cats. City Code 6-1-3 A

Stray animals. If you find a lost animal or lose yours, contact the Sedona Humane Society. Always license, collar and ID tag on your dog or cat. 

Wild animals. Contact the Arizona Game and Fish Department for information and advice. The Sedona Police Department does perform high-priority snake removals and will respond to domestic and wildlife emergencies. For snake problems that are non-emergencies contact one of the many private companies that specialize in this service; your pest control provider is a good place to start.