The Department of Parks and Recreation is pleased to provide to our community and visitors, special events and programming throughout the year.
Use the pulldown menu to show all Parks events, events only at the Hub, or events only at the Pavilion.
Multiuse field at Posse Grounds Park
- Date: 03/05/2020 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
- Location: Posse Grounds Park
525 Posse Ground Rd.
Sedona, Arizona 86336
Weekly social hour on the large grass field for friendly dogs and their owners.
- November - March 9 a.m. - 10 a.m.
- April - October 8 a.m. - 9 a.m.
Yappy Hour is a one hour per week event that takes place on the beautiful green grass of the multi-use field at Posse Grounds Park. Under normal circumstances, City Code and Park Rules require all dogs to be on a leash and to remain off the athletic fields at the park, but during this event we get to bend those rules!
Know before you go:
- Owners must pick up after their pets.
- If there is an increase in the amount of off-leash users on the athletic fields during non-event times, this event may be canceled.
- PLEASE NOTE: the multi-use field is not a dog park. There are gaps in the fence where a pet could potentially squeeze through. There is no division of small dog vs large dog areas. Owners are responsible for the safety and behavior of their dogs.
- Dog Park Rules apply to Yappy Hour:
- Use is at your own risk
- Dogs must have current vaccinations and city license
- All owners must clean up after dogs
- Non-neutered males and females in heat are not permitted
- Excessive barking is not permitted - City of Sedona, Article 9-4-10E
- Owners must be with dogs at all times
- Dogs must be collared
- Dogs must be on a leash when coming in and out of park
- Dog treats are not permitted
- Children under 12 not permitted unless accompanied by an adult. Infants and toddlers are not recommended
- No glass containers or alcohol in park
- Weapons of any kind not permitted
- Smoking is not permitted
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted on premises. Dogs must be removed at the first signs of aggression.
Help us to make this a fun gathering for your dog!
For more event information, please contact the Sedona Parks and Recreation office at (928) 282-7098.