Sign up for eNews
Sign up for eNotify and receive city news by email. Receive only the items you want and unsubscribe at any time. Go to the eNotify sign-up page.
Do your part and only flush toilet paper
SEDONA, Ariz. – With more people cleaning surfaces to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the city of Sedona Wastewater Department urges residents to avoid flushing anything other than toilet paper down the toilet.
Items such as wipes (even those labeled flushable), paper towels, napkins or cloths can clog sewer pipes and cause backups and spills. These items do not break down in water like toilet paper is designed to do. Backups can potentially occur, creating another public health issue in addition to COVID-19. Anything other than toilet paper should be discarded in the trash.
The city’s Wastewater Department continues to fulfill its mission to protect public health and safety by providing professional operation and maintenance of the city's wastewater system.
To learn more information on the city’s response to COVID-19, the Mayor’s Proclamation of Emergency and more, go to www.sedonaaz.gov/covid19.
Look to the following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), state and county resources for more information on COVID-19:
- Coconino County Health and Human Services COVID-19 hotline: 928-679-7300 and website.
- Yavapai County Health Services hotline: 1-844-542-8201 and website.
- Coconino County COVID-19 testing information.
- CDC website on coronavirus.
- Tips on coronavirus prevention and 10 ways to manage respiratory symptoms at home.
- Arizona Department of Health and Human Services information.
- CDC’s travel notices.
- The President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America.