The city created the small grants program to encourage and fund activities, programs or events developed by 501(c) organizations that serve the public and provide a fair return value to the city. Eligible programs, activities or events include those that promote public health, safety, general welfare and/or foster the well-being and prosperity of the city and its residents. Individual grant amounts typically range from $2,000 to $20,000.
Eligible programs, activities or events should:
- promote public health, safety, general welfare, prosperity or contentment
- significantly impact the well-being and prosperity of Sedona residents
- demonstrate that city funding is an important factor in the success of the program or service
- directly benefit Sedona residents and preferably occur within city limits
- advance the goals established in the Sedona Community Plan.
Timeline for fiscal year 2020-2021 grant cycle:
- February 13, 2020 Grant Application for Fiscal Year 2020-2021 available
- March 11, 2020 Optional applicant workshop (10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.)
- April 30, 2020 Grant applications due
- June 8 – 9, 2020 Evaluation Committee meet with applicants and determine funding recommendations
- July/August 2020 City Council approves funding awards
In light of social distancing measures with COVID-19, this year's small grant applicants are strongly encouraged to submit applications via email. In prior years, it has been required to submit a hard copy application.
Fill out this form to receive a small grant application for the fiscal year 2021 grant cycle.
Questions? Contact Teresah Arthur, administrative assistant, (928) 203-5198, email@example.com.