While the walk-in office is closed, staff is available to assist you by phone and email - please leave us a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible. You may also find answers to your questions on the relevant department's subpages.
For all general Community Development questions call 282-1154; for a list of individual staff phone numbers/emails see the department Contact Us list. For City Hall updates on COVID-19, go to this webpage.
• Permits will be accepted by appointment only. Those wishing to submit a building permit application or those needing to pick up a building permit that has been issued will do so by appointment only. Call: 282-1154
• Permit/plan corrections will be handled by appointment only. For corrections: staff will contact you; to resubmit corrections call: 282-1154.
• No changes except to observe safe distances. Call: 282-3268 or go to the on-line inspection request/status form.
• Code enforcement will continue to monitor and respond to complaints on an as needed basis. Call: 203-5000.
• Cancelled until March 28.
Temporary Use Permits (TUPs)
• TUPs will not be issued for events for the next eight weeks until May 9, 2020 in accordance with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance. Call: 282-1154.
Community Development Fee Changes
The City of Sedona revised Community Development Fee Schedule is effective October 1, 2019.
GO Sedona! Bicycle/Pedestrian Planning Underway
This community planning process will look at how to make Sedona more walkable and bikeable. Everyone's participation is encouraged, and we would like to know: 1) where are you currently walking and biking, and 2) where do you wish you could walk or bike and why. This process will result in a master plan for the city that addresses sidewalks, pathways, trails, and trail access. See the GO Sedona! webpage to learn more and submit comments.
New Building Codes
On September 24, 2019, City Council approved the adoption of new building codes and amendments consisting of the 2018 versions of the International Code Council’s building codes (the I-Codes) and the 2017 National Electrical Code (NEC). The adoption of these codes provides our Building Safety Department the tools to review and inspect new construction materials, products and processes and to address the latest safety, environmental and energy concerns and measurements. It also places Sedona in line with the surrounding communities and counties, who have already adopted, or are in the process of adopting, the 2018 I-Codes and the 2017 NEC.
Please note that the new codes will go into effect October 25. 2019. All permits submitted on or after this date must comply with the new codes. See below for the full list of the newly adopted codes, or review the full set of amendments.
|2018 International Building Code||2018 International Residential Code|
|2018 International Plumbing Code||2018 International Energy Conservation Code|
|2018 International Mechanical Code||2018 International Existing Building Code|
|2018 International Fuel Gas Code||2017 National Electrical Code|
|2018 International Swimming Pool and Spa Code|
Can't find what you are looking for? Go to the Community Development Index of Topics.