The City of Sedona is committed to furthering fair housing efforts by promoting fair and equal housing opportunities for its residents. For more information contact: Cari Meyer, Sedona Community Development Department, (928) 203-5049.
What is Fair Housing?
Fair housing can be defined as a condition in which individuals of similar income levels in the same housing market have a like range of housing choice available to them regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, familial status, source of income, sexual orientation, or disability. It is illegal to deny someone housing because of: race, national origin, familial status, disability, religion, or gender.
- Fair Housing Equal Opportunity for All, It’s Not An Option...It’s the Law (pdf)
- Justicia En Viviendas Opportunidad Igual para Todos, No Es Una Opcion...Es la Ley
- Fair Housing Act, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
Have you been discriminated against when making your housing choice?
Tenant Rights, Laws and Protections:
- Arizona Residential Landlord and Tenant Act, Arizona Department of Housing
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
Need legal assistance for landlord/tenant issues?
- Yavapai County Community Legal Services: (928) 445-9240
- Coconino County: DNA Peoples Legal Service: (928) 774-0653
Behind on your mortgage payments or facing foreclosure? Free counseling service is available. Call the Arizona Foreclosure Help Line: 1-877-448-1211 (toll-free).
Save Our Home AZ was created to assist responsible homeowners avoid foreclosure on their primary Arizona residence. Counseling services are available.
Habitat for Humanity Home Repair Program
Verde Valley Habitat for Humanity now has a Critical Home Repair Program (pdf) to help qualified Veterans, Seniors and Low-income families with these critical home repairs and building wheelchair ramps. Contact them for help with repairs and wheelchair ramps. Verde Valley Habitat for Humanity, 737 South Main Street, Cottonwood, AZ 86326, (928) 649-6788, vvhabitat.org